Thursday, October 04, 2018

February 2018

SuperBowl Party at our house with VanOrmans and Fitzners

Valentine's Day. As per tradition, we had a fancy family dinner. Kennedy and Lexi even prepared and got everyone something. Kennedy used her money to buy everyone their favourite treat at the dollar store and wrote each person a note and Lexi gave everyone a word search that she had given her class. We raced doing the word search and I kicked everyone's butts. Brian brought home flowers for all his girls. A bouquet for me (and a kit kat crunchy - notice I have two! One from brian and Kennedy), and a rose for each daughter. I made Brian cream puffs (his fav) and a poem for everyone about Cupid's poop which was red jelly beans. 



3rd Annual Ski Trip with Van Ormans. Fitzners opted out this year to go to Mexico!!! Trading the snow for the beach....

We went to Whitefish, Montana. Sadly, Kennedy wasn't feeling well for a few days before we went. I expected it to end any day, I thought she was on the mend but that was not the case. She was so sick. Not puking sick, just extremely lethargic and wouldn't eat a single thing. Brian and I tried getting her to eat icecream, candy, chips, french fries, ANYTHING!! She wouldn't eat and she basically layed on the couch for 2 weeks straight. I've never seen her like that. So that put a damper on our 3 day ski trip. She skied for about 20 minutes. She wanted to so badly, but just couldn't do it once she was out there. Poor girl! She would sometimes play a game with Ally, but that's about it. 

The ski hill was pretty cool at Whitefish. We had a good time. Brian unknowingly at the time, hogged most of the skiing time, and I was back at the condo with Lexi and/or Kennedy. He apologized on the way home. Its hard for him, because he just loves skiing so much he wants to be out there every minute! We had fun playing games and enjoying the good weather! SO much powder there!
 


Lexi got good at skiing this year! She's really getting the hang of it.








Getting uphill with no poles is sure tricky! Good thing Lexi has a GREAT dad!






 

I gave blood. I'm trying to get back to doing it regularly. I hadn't done it since University!






 a delicious pulled pork dinner I made with homemade coleslaw on top!

In one night we went from no snow, to this!



No comments: