Thursday, October 04, 2018

Christmas December 2017

So, Christmas was planned to be in Edmonton this year, but it started out sooner than we expected. Grandpa Monks went into the hospital a few days before school let out. And it wasn't looking good. My mom told me to come up to say goodbye, so I pulled the girls from school and went. He never woke up from when I got there before he passed away on December 22, but I'm glad I was there to give him a hug before he died. Brent and Mandy quickly bought tickets to fly to Edmonton, the night they got there and said goodbye, later that night he passed away. It changed Christmas plans and of course the feelings in the house, but isn't family what Christmas is all about? So we celebrated his life, the fact he was with his sweetheart again and not in pain and had a wonderful Christmas together. Brent and Mandy and Makenna stayed at my parents house, with us too, it was a full crazy house! But my mom and dad are the best hosts and wanted all of us there, so we made it work and I think everyone enjoyed it. On Boxing day, we planned the funeral. People are so kind and willing to help. So many friends and family helped with arrangements and planning and food. 


But first, Christmas.....




at home, looking cute, growing up so fast! Age 10

The night I arrived in Edmonton, my mom was supposed to watch Becky's kids so she could go to Ethan's Christmas concert at school, but she stayed at the hospital. So I watched Becky's kids she could go. Ernesto couldn't go, he had to work, so she took Kennedy. They are very strict at that school. Only 2 tickets each per child.

Me and Riley girl! 


 Cohen and Lexi played AMAZING while I watched the kids. They used every car Cohen owns to make a trail.




Christmas eve jammies! Crazies!


A large family gathering of love and food!! Kids were in the kitchen, and I spilt gravy ALL over the white tablecloth! sorry mom! Maybe next year I'll have to be at the kids table!! haha

sibling gift exchange :)




Playing her songs for Nana/Papa, Brent/Mandy



Then the funeral. All the grandkids and great grandkids sang "Families can be Together Forever" that I taught to everyone. Only myself and my kids knew it. 









After the funeral, I wasn't ready to leave my mom, so I stayed and Brian went back to work. I had planned to go home in a few days for New Years Eve. We were having all the Livingstone's over for a New Years Party. Unfortunately we cancelled that, Brian came back to Edmonton and we stayed with my family. I ended up being at my parents house for 12 days! It was great to help my mom as much as I could and be with my family for a long time!



Our crazy New Years Party! Dance party, food, games and family!



no idea whats happening here...but I'll keep it for the records!










I so badly wanted to go skating at Victoria Park in Edmonton, but the weather never cooperated! So we went to Bower Ponds in Red Deer after we went home. It was a beautiful day.



more pictures...completely out of order.


Ski day for Mom and Kennedy!









love this picture that came out as we looked for pictures for the funeral

Christmas Eve tradition: Make your own Subs and a Christmas movie! My FAVOURITE tradition.





























Mom did not want to take these pictures because becky and I were dressed and ready, mom was still in pj's but I made her anyway and I'm glad because we forgot later. Love my mom and sis!











The day before New Years, Nana and Papa babysat while Brian and I had a great date at a German family owned restaurant on Whyte Ave, then walking along Whyte. Dinner was Delicious!! One of my favourite restaurant meals ever!

No comments: