Saturday, June 23, 2018

Catch up....November 2017

The month started off with excitement and anticipation that a girls trip with my high school besties might happen! Julie was here visiting from Australia and we met up for breakfast when we were in Edmonton for Lexi's birthday and started planning this weekened away. We weren't totally sure it was actually going to happen with husbands and kids working out but it did!  Julie, LaNae, Shannon and I all went to Banff for the weekend (just one night) and had the best time catching up! We hiked a couple trails and ate out and got to reconnect! These girls and I hung out ALL the time in high school but with lives going all over the place, we haven't always lived in the same country since then but we've always stayed friends and I am so thankful that we have. I love these girls. 

Banff in Winter is one of my favourite things! I fell in love with winter hiking. I think I love it way more than summer hiking. Its so pretty! Pictures are all out of order
















Brian and I go to the gym every week day morning at 5:30. Sometimes, when you're getting dressed at 5am, you don't really realize what you're putting on...or not putting on.... Brian put pyjamas over his shorts to get there because its COLD, but got to the gym and realized he had no gym shorts underneath! So, he worked out in his pj's and I laughed every time I saw him!





I must've asked Brian REAL nice to paint my nails, because he did!


Lexi gave her first ever family home evening lesson (with Dad's help) and then we played sock toss and I kicked all their butts. Let the record show, I beat them all!!



As I was telling Brian about the awesome time I had with my girlfriends in Banff and how much I loved winter hiking and being in the mountains, he suggested we go back all together the 4 of us. So we went for my birthday weekend! It was a GREAT birthday! My birthday fell on a Friday, and the girls had no school that day so it was perfect! We took off after Brian got off work at noon. We hiked Johnston Canyon, ate pizza at a yummy spot in Canmore then swam in the hotel. The next day we did a half day of skiing. Kids skied free that day at Lake Louise, so that was great! We are still teaching Lexi, so we just did a couple hours then left for walking the town and doing another hike at Troll Falls. Then we went home that night. It was awesome! 






















































In Enrichment this month, we did a night in Palestine. It was quite remarkable. It was a lot of work, but it all came together so well and I think the sisters all had a very spiritual, uplifting night. Brian's parents were here visiting so LaVerle came with me. We had a skit on the 10 virgins, a dance (I was in that) of the woman at the well, a song about filling our lamps and lots of Palestinian food. It was a great evening.  The dang blog won't let me upload all the pictures!








For years, Brian took Kennedy to bed wrapped up like Santa's sack in her purple blanket. Every night when she was 3 to about 5. They were talking about it and how it probably wouldn't work now but wanted to try anyway so they used a regular blanket in case her beloved purple blanket ripped. 



Bringing me breakfast in bed on my birthday!

Courtney and Mason came for a visit to make Christmas cookies!

No comments: