Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Edmonton Christmas

It felt like two Christmases this year! We went to Edmonton on Boxing day and had a really good time with my family!! The kids were all spoiled, as were Brian and I. I love going home and getting totally spoiled by my parents! Its so fun to be the kid at home visiting. My mom makes us food, and baking and loves to watch our kids! Its so nice! 

All the grandkids got matching jammies - Tyson is at his grandmas totally sick :( 




Sadly, I have VERY few pictures of this. My phone died and I left my nice camera at home. 
*Must get some from Mom and Becky!*

We had fun opening presents, eating dinner, relaxing and chatting.

The next few days were spent doing family things with the big Hodder family. Rodger and Natasha were in town from Utah, so we had lots of crazy shenanigans planned. It was fun to see everyone. 



New years was LOTS of fun....
Brian and I went to West Edmonton Mall while Nana and Papa took the girls and Ethan to a movie. Then we met up with them to go skating on the new outdoor rink by my parents house. Brian and I then went for dinner with our friends, Robyn and Logan.  Becky and Ernesto went for dinner too, while Nana and Papa babysat and then we all met up. We all were at the house to have New years with the kids. We had a pretty wicked dance party, and a countdown then of course - toasts and sparkling apple juice! It was seriously SO fun to have new years with the kids. I was really glad we decided to come home and be with my parents for it too. After their New years, the kids and Papa went to bed while the rest of us played a few games! Actually, Ernesto slept on the couch and Becky watched Dick Clark's rockin eve, while mom, Brian and I played a game. THEN we finally convinced Becky to join us for taboo! As soon as midnight came we did the new years countdown and kisses and Becky and Ernesto were gone by 12:05 and the rest of us went to bed to fight off our yucky colds!!



 My parents were awesome hosts and we loved hanging out with my family. We didn't get to see Andrew and Kris nearly enough as they were sick. Becky and Ernesto were busy with Rodger and Natasha staying at their house too. But I got to hang out with my mom which was really great! We even had a girls evening doing some shopping for home stuff! We were there nearly a week and it just flew by. I also got to see some old friends - Amy who was visiting from Philly and her new baby!! and Shannon, Julie and LaNae! love old friends!

The 2 weeks of Christmas holidays were AMAZING!! I loved having Brian around so much. The girls are at such a good age to really enjoy the season and have fun with. 

What an amazing Christmas we had.

2014 was a great year for us. 

No comments: