Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Christmas!

We had Christmas at home this year - for the first time ever! Mark, Devonee, Jeff & Amy joined us, which was Awesome!! I felt like we had the both of best worlds - I got to stay home which is what I wanted for YEARS and Brian still got family around to play games with! We had SO much fun!! I really enjoyed hosting and sleeping in my own bed! Mark and Devonee came early (the 22nd) and Jeff and Amy came with Hannah, Jaden and Emma on Christmas Eve.

We decorated cookies with edible markers- Devonee's GENIUS idea.
















Mrs. Clause came to visit!!!! I helped get her all ready to see the kids and boy did they LOVE her! I had no idea Mrs. Clause was so peppy, happy, energetic and NICE! She brought all the kids a present and made sure to tell Santa how well behaved these kids were!






All the kids loved their gift from Mrs. Claus. Kennedy got Jenga and enjoyed playing it with dad!


Christmas jammies!!



Christmas morning!!
We all opened presents on different floors. That was my thing. I wanted to open presents with just my little family so I could really focus on my kids and not have mayhem! I told everyone beforehand, that this was happening and turns out, they loved it too!! It was so nice to have 20-30 mins alone on Christmas with your little family then to get back together! We all had a little tree to use too! Devonee's family was in the fireplace room, Jeff was in the basement and we were in the bonus room with the little tree we got the first year we were married!! So fun to do it this way! loved the calmness of being just us!


the girls each asked for a cuddly blanket and slippers - they are definitely my children!!

Dancing with daddy!

Christmas Day was relaxing and lovely. Brian and I made a huge roast and Kaylani and Perry and the boys came down to join us. They stayed for dinner and an epic games night/treats and spent the night.
The next day everyone headed home and we went to Edmonton! It was a FANTASTIC holiday. I LOVED LOVED LOVED our first Christmas at home and with our family here to join us. :)




No comments: