Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Summer Recap Part 2

August!!

On July 26, Brian took the girls to Stirling for Grandma George's 90th Birthday party! I had to stay to teach primary on Sunday. It was my turn and I felt bad I had already missed so many Sundays. Then, on Sunday he headed home and I headed down to stay with Devonee for a week. I registered the girls in Swimming lessons at the Stirling outdoor pool, which they loved! I had tons of fun at Devonee's house - we watched lots of movies, worked out together everyday, went swimming lots, hung out with Shari and Mom and Dad L, and Mark and Devonee and I took the kids to Glacier National Park in Montana to go hiking and fishing. Brian came down for the long weekend so we could go tubing down the river - but unfortunately it had blue green algae. So instead, we went to Waterton to do some more hiking and fishing. We got rained out, but still had lots of fun!! All of us (Shari, Jeff, Amy, Mark, Devonee, Brian, me and all the kids) went mini golfing too!  Here are the stories in pictures...














 Both girls passed their swimming lessons!



I ended up staying in Stirling for almost 2 weeks, as the Family Reunion started on Thursday in Mountain View (45 min from Stirling). So it was silly to go home, and that way the girls were able to finish their 2 week lessons except for one day! It was so nice of Devonee to have us for so long!! It was sad to leave her, we had so much fun together!




Then we had the Livingstone Family Reunion!

We had a sweet cabin in Mountain View (between Waterton and Cardston). It was gorgeous! 8 bedrooms, each family had a room except for 2 families that shared. We missed Kaylani and Perry this year :(



 slip n' sliding and all the grand kids!!




Tyler and Josh love the little kids and are SOOOO good at playing with them!! Lexi adores Josh. Jack is also amazing with the kids. It amazes me what nice boys we have in this family! So kind and helpful with the kids. All of the grandkids are in my biased opinion, fantastic! They will all help each other out. I was very thankful for how much others helped my kids! Lexi was always with a bigger kid like Hannah, Sadie, Sophie or Brooklyn. All of the kids were so willing to help! LOVE this family so much!!!!





 Amy and Jeff planned great games and activities to do! We hiked Red Rock Canyon in Waterton, played family Olympics with awesome games, had kids games, and had a kareoke contest!
Brian, Mark, Devonee and me prepared a dance to really take the contest up a notch!! haha! Brian and Mark did 'Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle' - a rapping song about wiggling your butt into jeans and Devonee and I did a Backstreet Boys song! We rocked it ;) Devonee and I were even matching in our livestrong Nike pink shirts and we own the same capris too! It was super fun being all sneaky to practice our dance! Such fun!! All the kids loved performing and the adults got into it too! My fav was Brian, Steve, Cory, Jeff and Jason singing a song in their deep voices, I forget what it was called!
I'm sad I have no pictures of that!! I'll need to get some from the family!


From the reunion, I took the girls down to Whitefish, Montana! My friend, Lindsay has a condo down there and invited us to stay! We had a really fun time there, but I was missing home too. I hadn't been home in 2 full weeks, so by the time I was done there, it had been almost 3 weeks being gone!! It was super fun, but maybe a bit too long for Brian to not have his family. He missed us and wanted us back!



We swam in the pool, did some shopping in Kalispell, went to the lake and had so much fun with Lindsay and her kids!!



Our friend, Jordana was at Echo Lake the same week for her family holiday, so she came over for the day to see us! It was super fun to see the kids together again after a long time and we had fun catching up! We were just missing Averley!


then it was time to go home...
my flower garden was doing AWESOME! so proud of that garden!




The girls spent one night at home then went to Nana's house!!! haha! busy girls!
Brian and I had tickets to see WICKED and my mom wanted them for the weekend anyway!

We spent all of Saturday playing in Calgary with Mark and Devonee - kid free! The boys planned our whole day! First, we had sushi, then we shopped at the mall for an hour then we went rollerskating!! That was so funny!!! After roller skating, we went to a totally normal adult place....Chuck E. Cheese!! We bought tickets and played tons of ski ball and a few others!! We are all so competitive and we were just as crazy and wild as the little kids there!! Then we got all dressed up for dinner at Vintage Steak House. That place is fancy and DELICIOUS!  We stuffed ourselves there before heading to the show!! WICKED was AWESOME!! totally loved it! Jeff, Amy and Mama L also came for the show. We were third row from the front! That was one FUN and FILLED up day!





August wasn't over yet!!

We had one week at home (after being gone 3 weeks, that felt NICE!) then we were off to Gull Lake for the Hodder Holiday....that'll be the next post.



No comments: