Tuesday, October 31, 2017

NYC - Our last day


First we got on the Subway to head to the Financial District to check out the 9/11 Memorial and Wall Street. 


World Trade Centre, Twin Towers memorial





 It was Sunday, so Wall Street was pretty empty...

 I loved the look of this church!


Then we went to Grand Central Station which was Awesome! Its really neat and pretty there!

Tried more NYC pizza!!







 I love the Chrysler Building!!



 Major traffic jam! It was like this for hours on Sunday!


We went to Guy Fieri's Restaurant which was quite good.
 AND THEN....LION KING!!!

 I have to say, we were slightly disappointed with Lion King. The sound was off for the whole first half so you could hear the music well, but not the singing. And Scar (the actor) was terrible. The second half did make up for it though. Still such a great play!!

Looking down on Times Square from the theatre.



And then, just cause I had to taste 'Famous Original Rays Pizza'!!  Had a slice of the BBQ chicken as we walked back to our hotel and it was fantastic. All the pizza was good. My favourite was the grand central station one (Prova Pizza Bar) with Famous Rays a close second.

Back to the hotel to pack and go to bed to get up super early for our flight home. 


And then, we said goodbye to New York... :( Becky and I had such a FABULOUS time!!! I'm so glad we finally made this happen. We made great memories together. I love my sister so much and I'm glad we got a chance to get away, just the two of us, to see and experience something we've always wanted to together. When you make a pact as young sisters, you gotta stick to that plan!! ;)
It was a super special trip. We'll be back one day, New York!! 

No comments: