Tuesday, October 17, 2017

New York - Day 2

Our first FULL day started off with breakfast at Ellen's Stardust Diner which has singing waitstaff. They are very good too, they lost 20 staff last year....to broadway! It was such a fun atmosphere. They mostly sing from musicals, broadway shows, a few oldies, a few disney....







 Then we began walking to our Circle Line cruise tour. We went by Carlos Bakery to get some treats. The prices weren't all listed and I felt pressured when it was our turn to order and I ended up getting a strawberry shortcake....when I went to pay it was $11!!!! I was SO MAD!! Becky's cupcake was like $3. Grrr. But there was a line after us and we were rushed for time. The up side to the story, is I ate it on the boat and it was FREAKING DELICIOUS! And beckys cupcake was not.... lol!!












 








The circle line tour was awesome! It was a beautiful day for it too. The only complaint was it was hard to hear the tour guide and I loved listening to the history and info on the city, you really had to be close to him to hear, not outside on the deck of the boat.

After that, we hailed our first cab!! and went to George Washington park.



We got our first NYC hot dog there and it was quite delicious! I noticed they don't all do them the same. So maybe you do have to be picky on location. This one grilled them, instead of just taking it out of hot water like other places did.




NYU is all around George Washington Park, so that was neat to see too. And Becky wanted to get cookie dough, which I tried to convince her not too.....it was NOT good!! haha!



Then we walked over to Greenwich Village for some walking and sightseeing and found the "Friends" apartment. I really liked the Village.




Then took our first Subway and got SO lost!! Turns out we stink at taking the subway! It was so confusing! Especially without the app that everyone else had!
But we made it to the Brooklyn bridge (finally) and walked across at the perfect time. Light at first, just as the sun was setting, then had dinner in Brooklyn at Grimaldi's Pizza and had the nighttime view of the skyline. Perfect.

I loved walking the bridge! I love this bridge, actually I just really like all bridges. I love the architecture of them and I'm just amazed that people them so long ago, and can hold TONS of weight. Amazing.

This bridge really is pretty though. Definite highlight.







Probably my favourite picture of us from the trip...















And one of my favourite pictures....


We walked back to the Subway station (our feet were dying!) and braved the subway back and only got lost once!
Stopped for frozen yogurt on our way to our hotel and then SLEPT!

No comments: