Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June in a nutshell

Ok…starting with a bit of May...

We had a couple of date nights. We try to go out once a week. This picture was from a Dinner Theatre Brian surprised me with for Mother's Day.




We had the CF walk for Lexi. My family raised over $2000 and the Red Deer group was over $22,000!


 We had a ward Temple trip and since I'm in the presidency, we were in charge of all the kids. It turned out so well! We had them for 3 hours. We did crafts, played games, relays, ate snacks, walked around the temple and sang primary songs on the temple grounds. We had nearly 30 kids!

I planted the garden at Brian's office and I am really quite impressed with myself! This is my first garden I've ever planted! Its rained a ton since planting it and its still looking great!


I think having moving in a few months in my brain started me thinking about organizing.
I got Kennedy's school stuff organized. Every year is in a folder in an Ikea box.

And long overdue was organizing the filing system. Actually more like CREATING a filing system. This was actually so fun to do. Taxes, important warranties, marriage certificate, gymnastics badges etc are all in a neat folder! love this so much!

The girls were at my mom's for the day so I cleaned Kennedy's closet. That girl collects EVERYTHING so it was so nice to de-junk it.

We've been crazy busy with the house! We've picked doors, siding, flooring, faucets, electric, the fireplace, granite, bought a couch and so much more! Its been going very well and Brian and I agree with almost everything so its pretty unstressful but its busy and time consuming! Flooring has been our hardest decision so far hands down. My friend Jordana came to see it, as have other friends and some family thats been in town. We don't get tired of going to see the progress!

Kennedy had a field trip at the Calgary Zoo. My wonderful mom took Lexi so I could go with her! It was a fun day just us girls, then we ate at Boston Pizza after and did some shopping. Brian was in Canmore for his work convention so it was just us for 2 sleeps before Lexi came home!

Sports day at school and a bike parade. I didn't know about the parade until 2 min before school started. Then Kennedy was crying because her bike wasn't decorated and I wanted to be like - too bad! you didn't tell me sooner, it was your responsibility to tell me and this is a lesson learnt! BUT…i felt bad, so she went into school and I went home to get stuff and I came back to decorate her bike. Then the little stinker didn't like my teddy bear and took it off and the balloons in the back popped. So much for being a nice mom!


Two days in a row I found Lexi sleeping somewhere. I guess the poor girl is pooped out!

June has been super busy and I'm really looking forward to school ending, summer holidays, BBQ's, family get togethers, late nights, long days, beach days, spray parks, popsicles and sunshine.

No comments: