Friday, May 02, 2014

Nashville!


Nashville is amazing. We had such a blast there! I love that city! Gorgeous, tasty food, fun accents, lots to do, good shopping and nice weather! Devonee and Kaylani were running a half marathon and Perry was going too, so I went along as well to join in the fun! Devonee and I roomed together- we make a good couple :)

We flew down thursday morning and arrived at 5:30 local time. Kaylani and Perry were behind us so Devonee and I walked to dinner at the Opry Backstage Grill! Fried catfish and BBQ brisket sliders!

Friday we hit the running expo then went for a delicious lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. {cream cheese/crab stuffed shrimp then wrapped in bacon!! Jeesh!} Kaylani's friend just happens to be friends with Phil Vasser (Award winning country singer-songwriter) and was staying with him. We dropped her off and stayed to swim in his pool! That's right, swam in a celebrity's pool! 

Saturday was the big race, which is where we spent most of the day. Then went for dinner {Fried Green tomatoes, southern rotisserie chicken} and then to the GRAND OLE OPRY! it was awesome! I only knew one of the singers- Vince Gill, and the others were amazing! Especially Keith Anderson and Chris Jansen. If I lived in Nashville, I think I'd go to the opry VERY regularly!! Such a fun, laid-back show.

Sunday we did some shopping (it was our last day!!) and then we had the Riverboat show that evening. It was rainy but it ended up stopping for the part where you get to go on deck and take pictures and see the downtown scenery. Dinner was yummy and the show was Fantastic! Totally right up my alley- singing and dancing! I loved watching it, and I wanted to be IN it! Seriously! My dream! I just need to be a better singer and dancer... and live in Nashville!

There was live music everywhere! Even McDonalds has live music! I would go back to Nashville in a heartbeat! Its a beautiful quiet city, not too big and busy. 

















3 comments:

rebecca said...

So fun!!
Psst, you have the same picture twice ;)

jessica said...

ha! so I do!!

Kara said...

So fun! I'd never think to go there. Ps j love joe's. Yum-o. What a great idea to tag along with running friends. I think I'll borrow that one. Lol.