Monday, February 24, 2014

Valentines Day | Weekend | Birthday party

Holidays are just so much more fun with kids! We had fun doing a couple crafts and making heart and pink food together. We started it off the night before with heart shaped pizza because we were heading to Edmonton on actual Valentines for Cohen's 1st Birthday party.
Brian and I made the table all pretty with wine glasses, shirley temples, heart shaped licorice, and I bought the girls balloons to tie to their chairs. After dinner, Brian had to go back to work and Kennedy and I finished up her valentines for her class. I found a word search on pinterest that I punched holes in and she weaved in a pencil. Cute, simple and sugarless!













Then in the morning we had pink milk and heart shaped toast.


For Dinner at my parents, we had a special family dinner. My parents made roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, turnip and yorkshire puddings. I brought cupcakes for dessert and my mom made a banana cake. They bought all the kids some little trinkets- a notebook, pencil and heart candies.






After we put the kids to bed at my parents house, Brian and I snuck out for some time away. We ended up getting wings even though we were both still full but we couldn't pass up a free babysitter!

On Saturday, Brian and I did sealings at the temple and met Becky and Ernesto for lunch. All of us (minus Kris/Andrew) went to one of my dad's fav restaurants for supper- Lee's, to get chinese food. Brian, Ernesto and my dad went to a late show and I went to beckys to watch a chick flick.

Sunday was my little nephew's 1st Birthday! This little guy is SUPER adorable and incredibly happy! He smiles all the time and crawls (and walks now!) all over just playing. Becky did the cutest monster party for him. And he gobbled up his cupcake that I had decorated. I also made monster sugar cookies.




We headed back after the party wrapped up. Brian had Monday off for Family day, but he was SO kind to offer for me to go skiing with Devonee while he watched all 6 kids! What a great hubby! and Devonee and I had a blast skiing in Banff!


No comments: