Sunday, November 29, 2015

Nativity for our Church

This year, I was given an assignment of organizing the Live Nativity. I said yes, without much thought-- before I realized how much WORK it was!!!! I don't think I've felt this kinda stress since University! It was all I could think about. I would have trouble sleeping because I would keep thinking what needed to be done. I did not have a committee either. Of course, I knew people would help me, pinch in, ask what could be done, and that in the end, it would turn out. But, my stress level was still pretty high. I was just nervous to be in charge of such a big event. I think, in the end it was good for me. I told Brian all throughout the time to not let me say yes next year. The day of the dress rehearsal and seeing how it all came together, that night I said to him- It wasn't that bad! I could do this again! HE was ready to pull his own hair out at my shocking change of heart! For 2 months I wanted to pull out my hair, then one night I see all my work and people so happy to help and be a part of it, and I'm like, no biggie. It was fine! HAHA!! we'll see if I ever say yes (or am asked again!)

I couldn't find sheep, and the donkey couldn't get to the venue this night, so I had a horse instead. I wasn't sure about the historic accuracy, but it was GREAT! Way less work, Mary could actually ride it in, and it kinda looked like a donkey anyway! No sheep this year, I couldn't find any!! And the gazoo shut down where we've always gotten them in the past. The guy who brought the horse (Tom Stockdale was so kind to take my kids for dozens of rides while Brian and I set up! so nice)

Wise Men
 Mary & Joseph and shepherds (their own kids)
 Shepherds













so there was a short video - about 6 minutes, then the live part. And hot chocolate and cookies were there too. So many people helped to make this a success. We had a good turnout, and I was very pleased with it! Lots of work, but it totally brings the Spirit of Christmas to our hearts. The reason for the Season is CHRIST. There is one more night, but unfortunately I will not be there. Kennedy has a piano recital, so our great ward will take charge. 
Love the beginning of the Christmas season!!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Looks awesome! Well done for organizing it all. It is a big job but it's so worth when everyone comes through and does their part. Great job Jess! Special kudos to Brian too for being supportive and encouraging! It takes a team. xo