Wednesday, June 24, 2015

my trip to Philadelphia!

My friend Amy Martin (Wilde) lives in Philadelphia and I told Brian I wanted to go visit her. He said, ok, go! So I used my miles and booked a trip! We had an absolute blast, and I loved seeing Philly! 

she took me to breakfast at the Green Eggs Cafe and we had Crem Brulee French Toast! It was AMAZING. like seriously, to die for! We went back another day so I could have it again!!!



We went to LOVE park...


 walked around downtown, where they have art and sculptures everywhere! This is a globe and it has "story" in red. I'm pointing to Phily.

Reading Terminal Market -  a massive food market that used to sit above the old train terminal. So much food!

And we did the history stuff - the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall





We did a tour of Independence Hall, and I learnt all the history from this building, and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The American Revolution was interesting!
The above picture is the court room, the bottom is the Assembly Room where the Declaration was signed! The Liberty bell was then rung July 4, 1776.

I also went to the famous museum where the "Rocky" steps are, and they have a statue.

Amy and I walked across the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. We walked all the way to New Jersey!! It was a gorgeous night with perfect lighting and the scenery was pretty!!








Philly...

New Jersey...



 And we went to Penn's Landing

and walked down such old streets!! Philadelphia is so OLD!!!! It was neat to pass houses that were built in the 1600's!!!! Lots of these houses were built around 1840...and I just loved this cute street.



And little Adelaide was a champ! She was such a trooper! Her and Sonny came with us everywhere and we had such a fun time together!!! Thanks so much for having me, Amy & Sonny!! I was sad to leave!






1 comment:

JulieandGary Smith said...

Well of course I love this post!! Cute Amy and cute Jessica and really cute Adelaide!