Friday, March 27, 2015

Mother/Father & Daughter Date night

Brian and I are trying to make a regular father/daughter and mother/daughter date night. He takes one and I take one on the same night and do whatever we want and then next time, we will switch. 

This week, I took Kennedy out!! In all honesty, Kennedy and I have not been getting along too well lately. I think we push each others buttons. A while ago I even told Brian - I don't think I like her very much! haha, maybe our personalities are too similar. And I don't feel bad about saying this, because of course I still love her, I just wasn't getting along with her, which I totally think is normal for a mom and child. I know there will be ups and downs with each of my kids. 
But, right now, I should be so thankful that our kids WANT to hang out with us!! Kennedy has been begging me to take her out!!

Anyway...her and I went to Boston Pizza. We had the most lovely time!!! I was half expecting to be bored and not know how to fill a conversation with a 7 year old. But what I discovered is I really really really like this little girl!!! She is so sweet and kind. She was so considerate of my feelings. She was willing to change her decisions on a few things if it was going to make me sad. We talked about school and her baptism coming up and a few other things. 





Then we got a carwash and ate nerds!

 

Brian and Lexi went to McDonalds for a happy meal and then a carwash too! Then they went home to watch a movie. They were snuggling on the couch watching a fairy show when we got home.

It made me stop and think. our kids are growing up fast. I need to pause and focus on them more.
Love you girls!

No comments: